The new year brings new health and wellness trends, and the top one’s for this year are:
- Fight Inflammation with Food: Fighting inflammation with food is quickly becoming a major health priority and for good reason, considering inflammation is linked to everything from bloating and acne to life threatening illnesses, say physicians and researchers. And what could be better than some wonder foods fighting off the inflammations.
The trending inflammation fighting foods are Turmeric, Ginger, Cayenne, Berries, and Tomatoes etc
- Plant Proteins: Move over Animal Proteins, because the plant proteins are popping up everywhere, in increasingly delicious powders for smoothies, and in nutrition bars etc. Plant proteins are easier to digest, and light on your system.
3. Fitness is no longer associated with Gym: Yoga, HIIT, Pilates, Sports etc is the new fitness trend, and focus on functional fitness. The importance of simple moves like Squats, Lunges and Planks is being recognized.
These functional movements, not only are beneficial for health, but also improve your posture and increase your stamina in day to day activities.
- Soups are the new Juices: Juices are being recognized for what they are, high sugar and low fiber drinks, and instead are being replaced by Soups, full of fiber and nutrients.Soups make for an excellent meal choice, as they are filling due to the fiber, and since they are made from vegetables, are naturally low on sugars, but are a storehouse of different vitamins and minerals.
- The Carbohydrate Comeback: Rice, oats and even bread are back on the menu as we get smart on carbs and learn to distinguish the types that provide nutrients and lasting energy and those that make us fat.
The secret is smart eating with portion control and not depriving yourself of the stuff you love!!
How many of these wellness trends do you follow??