10 best modern perfumes
This list comprises of the best modern perfumes for women released in the last 15 years, i.e., between 2000 to 2015. The main source for the data is courtesy Grant, who is the Founder & Editor of Basenotes, a major perfume review and contribution website. He has complied this amazing list of Top 500 perfumes (here) for both men and women, based on the data aggregated over the last 15 years from:
- The perfume wardrobes people have created online
- The reviews submitted
- The perfumes searched on website
- The wish lists created on the website
- And the number of times people have worn a particular fragrance
Wow!! That’s a heck of a list, a must visit for all perfume lovers.
The Top 10 perfumes mentioned here, are sourced from the list, removing the ones not easily available in India, or discontinued now. Basically, the commercially available ones!!
10. L’Instant by Guerlain: Warm, elegant and rich, another masterpiece by Guerlain at #85
9. CK Euphoria: Glamorous. Sexy. Long-lasting. This is the smell of colour purple, features at #74.
8. Infusion d’Iris: This is beauty in a bottle, airy and light, a masterpiece and modern classic. Features at #51
7. Alien by Thierry Mugler: A big white floral, sweet and strong, this one will last for days on skin!! Features at #49.
6. Chanel No.5 Eau Premiere: The beautiful and younger version of No.5, more airier and lighter, features at #44.
5. Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf: Features at #41, launched in 2004, it is the predecessor of many of its kind!! A lovely sweet floral.
4. Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel: Features at #37, and is a young and effervescent scent, the modern sister of No 5.
3. Dior Addict: Beautiful and delectable vanilla, go for it if you prefer sweet and sensual scents. This features at #28
2. Tom Ford Black Orchid: This features at #15 in the original list, and also one of the only few female perfumes to feature in the top 20!!!
1. Narciso Rodriguez for Her: This features at #10 in the list, and is the top commercially available perfume for Women!!! A mean feat for this soft, musky rose!!!
Other Significant Entries to be noted, and snatch it up if you ever get your hands on!!!
- Chergui by Serge Lutens (#4 ), the top rated for women
- Portrait of a lady by Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle (#5 ), how I want to get my hands on this one!!
- Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana: this fragrance is a classic, the Mediterranean beauty, featured at #38 . I have not kept it in my top 10 due to longevity issues.
- Mugler Cologne (#42)
- Eau des Marveilles (#50)
- Hermessence Ambre Narguile (#54)
- Un Jardin Sur le Nil (#55)
- Shalimar Parfum Initial (#116)
- Armani Code (#118)
- YSL Cinema (#122)
- Stella by Stella McCartney (#123)
There are so many more I wish I could include, but Alas, the list has to stop somewhere!! How many do you own??